Monday, June 6, 2011

Babies!

While I was at the lake for Memorial weekend my mom told me she was going to a baby shower the next weekend. She asked me if I'd like to make the cake. Sometimes I take on more than I should. I said yes.

Any baby shower cakes I've seen are made with fondant. I've played with fondant a total of...oh 1 time...So on Tuesday when we got back home from the lake I started playing with fondant again. I made an entire cake in one day.


This is what I came up with. Of course I took the picture from the best side. It had wrinkles and cracks. Some of the fondant wasn't covering the cake. The next day the bow fell flat and melted a bit. But that was due to it being hot in our apartment and not letting the fondant dry enough.

So my REAL cake adventure started on Friday.


I made the bow and flower.


Placed pearl sprinkles in the center of every flower. It was tedious but they look great.


And this is the finished product! I was very happy with myself. It still had some wrinkles but they were easily covered by the ribbons. It was a big hit. The mother to be loved it.


It was supposed to be a pink velvet cake, but it turned out a little more red than I wanted. Didn't matter though because it was still good! You can't really tell but there is also pink cream cheese icing between the layers.

And this is me with the cake! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment